- Study uncovers why COVID is more deadly fo | EurekAlert!
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Summary: People with pre-diabetes who lose roughly 10 percent of their body weight within six months of diagnosis dramatically reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes over the next three years, according to new research.
- Diabetes insipidus is type 1 or 2
- Lefordítod a leírást magyar Magyarország nyelvre a Google Fordító segítségével?
- Kezelés cukorbetegség köles
- Best arb for diabetes
- За последние несколько часов он дал нам такой объем знаний по истории, который превышает все, что, как мы предполагали, может существовать.
It found that type 2 diabetes is associated with a higher risk of mortality in hospitalised COVID patients than type 1 diabetes.
The combination of an older age and high C-reactive protein CRP was also linked to a higher risk of death.
- Diabetes diake diake kezelése
- Receptek a cukorbetegség kezelésében topinamburg
Younger people under 70 years old with chronic kidney disease, journal of diabetes research common long-term complication of diabetes, also had a higher likelihood of dying. BMI, however, was not linked to survival.
The information has been used to create a simple model which can be used to predict which patients are at higher risk of death. While people with diabetes are no more likely to contract COVID than others, they are more likely to become severely ill if they do catch it.
It has been unclear, however, if certain characteristics put some people with diabetes at higher risk of serious illness and death than others. The 1, patients from seven hospitals in northwest England had an average age of Most Median BMI was The greater socio-economic deprivation and older age of the patients studied may help explain why the seven-day mortality was higher than in other studies, says Dr Llanera.
However, further research is needed to confirm this.
Approximately one in ten patients 9. Analysis showed that those with type 2 diabetes were 2.
Risk of death was also higher among unders with chronic kidney disease. They were 2. This may lead to direct attack of the kidneys by the virus, possibly leading to worse overall outcomes.
- Franciaország a diabétesz
- Kezelése foltok cukorbetegség
The data has used to create a model, which, if applied to a patient with similar demographic characteristics, can predict a higher risk of death in 7 days using only age and CRP as variables. This means we can easily identify patients early on their hospital stay who will likely require more aggressive interventions to try and improve survival.
Nor was any significant association seen with diabetes complications, other than chronic kidney disease, or use of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers ARBs - types of blood pressure drugs.
The proportion of patients 9. Media Contact.